1st day of the new year and what better way to start the year then a mining pool comparison? The Holiday period for coin trading has seen a drop in coin values so as miners we need to be making as much coin as possible from our rigs. Lets find out what pool will do that for us…….
NiceHash – Recently back from a $63Million Hacking disaster, lets see if they are still as good as they say
Mining Dutch – My Pool of choice since NiceHash went off line and has a great selection of coins to be paid in
ProHashing – Another of my pools of choice but troubled by constant down time, lets see how they do this time
I was going to use Granatgas-pool as the 4th Pool but they are having issue right now and only X11 seems to be online….. so
ZPOOL – ZPool will be the 4th pool. This is the first time I have used this pool and it would seem they have a similar setup as GranatGas in the way of interface, lets hope the back end is a bit better.
Mining Pool Review – Comparison
The race has started today 01/01/2018 at 22:00 GMT on all 4 of the selected pools! Who is going to be first, Post below who you think will win
For the setup I will be using 504Mh/s of Scrypt mining in the form of 1x L3+ Antminers from Bitmain on each pool, 4 miners in total.
- All miners will be using the /#xnsub tag on the web URL
- Each pools pay-out will be set to BTC only (preferred payment method by NiceHash and ZPOOL)
- Down time is also included in the calculation and will reflect in reliability rating
- Each pool will have its own BTC payment address in my wallet so payments can easily be tracked
- Mining accounts/addresses will be used for this test only and kept secret so there can be no manipulations
- I will be counting only the BTC amount not the FIAT values
- The pools recommended difficulty will be used by all miners
- BTC for each pool will be recorded at 22:00 GMT each day
- After the first pool reaches 0.01 BTC mining will stop on that pool but others will be allowed to complete. 48Hours will be given for immature coins to be completed and exchange
Mining Pool settings for each miner
The Pools recommended settings as per there help pages was used. ZPOOL suggested an odd value for the diff but that what they asked for so I used it.
|Pool||URL||Worker Name||Password Field||My Local Miner Name|
I am expecting this to be close but anything could happen…..
Check back for the daily updates